Radio frequency (RF) and microwave field has undergone revolutionary changes in the last 40 years. Today, RF and microwave (RF&MW) technology is more pervasive than ever. This is especially true for commercial markets, where modern applications include cellular and smart phones, wireless networking, direct broadcast satellite, television, global positioning systems, wideband radio and radar systems, microwave remote sensing systems for environment, biomedical and healthcare applications, just to name a few. In brief, new technologies in health, energy, security, environment, industry and communication fields which use RF and microwave techniques require novel measurement methods and devices. The research and development in RF and microwave technology still continue with ever-increasing demands from industry. New devices and instruments which bring new challenges to the underpinning metrology play a critical role for advancing technologies. S-parameter measurements, RF power measurements and EMC tests and calibrations are important areas in microwave metrology to ensure and increase product quality and to create end user confidence.
On the behalf of the European Metrology Program for Innovation and Research program supported by the European Commission, under the coordination of TÜBİTAK UME, CMI - Czech Republic, GUM-Poland, INTA- Spain, SIQ-Slovenia, RISE-Sweden, NIS- Egypt, NQIS-Greece, UPC-Spain, METAS-Switzerland, together with 15RPT01 RFMicrowave coded and “Development of RF and Microwave Metrology Capability” project is being carried out. With this project, it is aimed to develop the abilities’ of the partners in S-parameter measurements, RF power measurements and EMC tests and calibrations and to transfer the information to the end user.
A Questionnaire was organised to identify needs for the training and workshop on microwave power, S-parameters and EMC measurements under the EMPIR 15RPT01 RFMicrowave project (see the link). Now, it is the time to organise the training and workshop. Topics for the event have been decided according to the answers of the questionnaire.
We kindly invite you to attend the training and workshop for national metrology institutes which will be hosted by TÜBİTAK UME (http://www.ume.tubitak.gov.tr/en) on 4-6 March 2019. There is no cost for the attendance and registration. You will be responsible for the travelling and accommodation. If you would like to attend the event please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We need the confirmation by 1st February 2019.
The planned topics for the event are given below:
- General requirements for RF and microwave laboratory
- RF and microwave power measurement
- RF and microwave S-parameter measurement
- RF and microwave calibration factor measurement
- Evaluation of measurement uncertainty
- Example of measurement uncertainty
- ISO 17025 accreditation requirements
- Rigorous analysis of microwave source complex reflection coefficient
- Traceability chain for RFMW measurements
- RFMW workshops on power and S-parameter
- General information about International EMC test standards
- General requirements for commercial EMC test laboratory
- General information about commercial EMC tests
- Conducted immunity test by using CDN on actual EUT (Calibration, verification and test)
- Conducted emission test by using LISN on actual EUT (Verification and test)