As an institution that conducts scientific research in line with technological developments with an awareness of its national and international responsibilities, TÜBİTAK UME is committed to:
- Ensure the highest levels of satisfaction by fully and duly meeting customer and stakeholder demands through a focus on anticipating their expectations and needs,
- Deliver services based on a quality management system that meets the requirements of TS EN ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO Guide 34 and whose effectiveness is under continual improvement,
- Conduct institutional activities in accordance with the quality management system and with conscientious employees whose skill development is assured,
- Abide by the principles of transparency, confidentiality and impartiality,
- Advance towards institutional objectives taking employee satisfaction into account.
All given services are under the TÜBİTAK UME Quality Management System that is set-up according to TS EN ISO/IEC 1725 “General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”.
TÜBİTAK UME’s Quality Management System and proficiency in calibration and testing are assessed periodically by TC-Q (Technical Committee for Quality) under EURAMET (European Association of National Metrology Institutes).
In 2002, 2008 and 2012 the TÜBİTAK UME Quality Management System was peer reviewed by EURAMET TC-Q at pre-defined periods. Successful assessment resulted in international recognition of the TÜBİTAK UME Quality Management System.
TÜBİTAK UME and the Turkish Accreditation Agency (TÜRKAK) cooperate in the provision of measurement traceability to accredited calibration and test laboratories in Turkey.
The calibrations and test services of TÜBİTAK UME have also been accredited by the Turkish Accreditation Agency (TÜRKAK) according to the TS EN ISO/IEC 17025 standard.