The aim of the Bioanalysis Laboratory, established in 2010, is to do research on field of biometrology. The research is mainly on:
- Development of primary reference methods in life sciences
- Participation to international comparison studies
- Production of Certificated Reference Materials (CRM)
- Organization of national proficiency tests
- Our laboratory has a full membership to BIPM and CCQM as well as JCTLM. Our goal is to provide a consensus in biological measurements in biological measurements nationally as well as internationally.
- Studies based on Nucleic acid quantification
Studies are targeted on measurements of bio-macromolecules like DNA and RNA in high accuracy with low uncertainty values.
- New methods are developed for quantification of genetically modified organisms (GMO) in agricultural products using reference DNA measurement methods.
- Detection of changes in the mRNA levels, an indication for early diagnosis of many diseases.
- Detection of changes in methylated DNA, used in early diagnosis of many cancers.
- Production of CRM, required by laboratories measuring GMOs in agricultural products in Turkey, and organization of PTs.
- Studies based on protein quantification
Studies are targeted on quantitative measurements of proreins and peptides, as well as enzyme activity measurements in high accuracy with low uncertainty values.
- Meausurement of peptide and/ or protein levels quantatively with mass spectrometric and immonological methods
- Develeopment of new methods for enzyme activity measurement.
- Production of CRM, required by clinical laboratories in Turkey, and organization of PTs.
- Studies based on quantification of cells.
- Development of new reference measurement methods based on counting of blood cells in flow cytometry.
The research studies mentioned above are part of the project funding:
- TÜBİTAK Projects
- EMRP (European Metrology Research Programme) projects under EURAMET (European Association of National Metrology Institutes)
- Participation of international comparison studies organized by BIPM CCQM